NST Share Price History
03 May, 2021
Today we will run through one way of estimating the intrinsic value of Northern Star Resources Limited ( ASX:NST ) by...
29 Jan, 2021
Will Weakness in Northern Star Resources Limited's (ASX:NST) Stock Prove Temporary Given Strong Fundamentals?
Northern Star Resources (ASX:NST) has had a rough three months with its share price down 13%. However, a closer look at...
03 Jan, 2021
Buying shares in the best businesses can build meaningful wealth for you and your family. And we've seen some truly...
11 Dec, 2020
We often see insiders buying up shares in companies that perform well over the long term. On the other hand, we'd be...
19 Nov, 2020
Gold mining stocks have sold off in recent weeks. Could a return to chart support strike buying interest in these two leading gold ETFs?
27 Oct, 2020
The big shareholder groups in Northern Star Resources Limited (ASX:NST) have power over the company. Generally...
06 Oct, 2020
Australian gold miner Northern Star Resources Ltd. has agreed to snap up rival Saracen in a merger-of-equals deal to create a top 10 global producer with a A$16 billion ($11.5 billion) pro-forma market capitalisation.Under the terms of the deal, Saracen shareholders will receive 0.3763 new fully paid ordinary shares in Northern Star (NESRF) for each Saracen share held. Post-completion of the transaction, Northern Star shareholders will own 64% of the merged group while Saracen shareholders will own the remaining 36%. Saracen will also pay a special, fully franked dividend of A3.8¢ per Saracen share.The deal, which is subject to approval by Saracen (SCEXF) shareholders and other customary conditions, is expected to be completed by February 2021. The transaction is expected to unlock A$1.5 billion – A$2 billion in pre-tax synergies over the next 10 years via geographic, operational and strategic synergies.“Northern Star has only ever pursued growth when it will create value for shareholders, and this merger-of-equals will create an abundance of value for both Northern Star and Saracen shareholders,” said Northern Star Executive Chair Bill Beament. “This is significant value-creating M&A. The close proximity of the majority of the combined company’s assets and a host of other synergies makes this a unique opportunity exclusive to Saracen and Northern Star shareholders.”The merged entity will create a new global top 10 gold producer with a A$118 million net cash position, targeting production of 2 million ounces per annum exclusively from Tier 1 locations.Saracen shares closed 2.4% lower on Monday. JPMorgan analyst Levi Spry last month upgraded the stock to Hold from Sell with an unchanged price target of $3.38 (9.7% downside potential), saying that he remains bullish on the outlook for gold and views valuations as "less stretched" at current levels.Northern Star shares have surged 24% so far this year after hitting a low earlier this year. For now, Wall Street analysts are sidelined on the stock. The Hold analyst consensus shows 5 Holds, 1 Sell and 1 Buy. (See Northern Star stock analysis on TipRanks)The $10.08 average analyst price target implies a modest 1.4% upside potential in the shares over the coming year.Back in July, Canaccord Genuity analyst Tim McCormack cut the stock to Hold from Buy with a $10.40 price target, because of valuation and the impact of COVID-19 on the company's Pogo operation in Alaska.“In the short term, we view FY21 guidance as a potential risk to the investment thesis but continue to rate organic potential of the portfolio highly, as an aspect that the market is yet to fully appreciate,” McCormick wrote in a note to investors.Related News: Alibaba To Take Dufry Stake, As Part Of Online Travel Venture MyoKardia Pops 60% On $13.1B Bristol Myers Takeover Deal Biogen’s Tecfidera Now Faces Cipla Generic Launch; Analyst Wary More recent articles from Smarter Analyst: * Exxon To Axe 1,600 Workers in Europe; Merrill Lynch Says Buy * Cisco Hit With $1.9B Fine In Centripetal Patent Lawsuit – Report * Accenture Snaps Up Zag To Boost Cloud Capabilities In Australia, New Zealand * Dollar Tree To Add 25,000 Workers In Holiday Season Hiring Spree
30 Sep, 2020
Gold mining stocks have regained their luster after a brief retracement. Gain exposure to the group with these two leveraged ETFs.
Stuart Tonkin has been the CEO of Northern Star Resources Limited (ASX:NST) since 2016, and this article will examine...
03 Sep, 2020
Regular readers will know that we love our dividends at Simply Wall St, which is why it's exciting to see Northern...
21 Aug, 2020
In this article we are going to estimate the intrinsic value of Northern Star Resources Limited (ASX:NST) by...
26 Jun, 2020
David Iben put it well when he said, 'Volatility is not a risk we care about. What we care about is avoiding the...